Cat & Dog Surgery in Lewisville, NC
When your cat or dog needs surgery, it’s natural to be a little nervous about their procedure, even if it is routine. At Shallowford Animal Hospital, we understand just how important your pet is to you and your family, which is why we take extra care to ensure your pet has a smooth procedure and a quick recovery. Our veterinarian performs soft tissue and select orthopedic surgeries for cats and dogs.
- Kellie F.
A big thank you to Dr Eads and his girls for taking such great care of my little old boy Oreo. He is doing great!
Surgeries We Perform
Our veterinarian performs soft tissue procedures (those that involve the organs and abdomen) as well as select orthopedic surgeries (those that involve bones and joints).
Common surgeries include:
- Mass/tumor removals
- Bladder stone removal (cystotomy)
- Foreign body removal
- Abdominal surgery
- Spays and neuters
- Exploratory surgeries
- Oral surgery such as tooth extraction
- Fracture repairs
- Femoral head ostectomy (FHO) for hip dysplasia
- And more
What to Expect for Recovery
After your pet wakes from anesthesia and we’ve determined they are in a stable condition, we’ll call you to come pick them up. A technician will go through detailed instructions for at-home recovery and will give you any painkillers or other medications to aid in your pet’s recovery. We’ll also set a date for a follow-up appointment to ensure your pet is healing well.
General tips for post-op recovery include:
- Keep your pet in a quiet area away from other pets for up to 10 days after surgery to prevent any exertion or activity that could result in torn sutures.
- If an e-collar is causing more trouble than helping, you can put an old T-shirt or onesie on your pet that effectively covers their sutures and keeps them from scratching.
- Watch your pet’s incision site closely for ripped sutures, discharge, swelling, redness, or hardening of the skin. If you notice any of these, contact us immediately.
If you have questions at any time during your pet’s recovery process, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (336) 945-4412.