Emergency Vet Care in Lewisville, NC
In an emergency, it’s important to have a clear plan of where to take your pet for urgent care. At Shallowford Animal Hospital in Lewisville, we’re happy to be able to deliver emergency vet services during our regular business hours.
For after-hours emergencies, please contact our referral emergency hospital:
Carolina Veterinary Specialists - Winston-Salem
How Do I Know If My Pet Needs Emergency Care?
Pet emergencies come in all sorts of forms, so it can be difficult to recognize when your pet is having an emergency. If your pet experiences any of the following symptoms/situations, please contact us or our referral emergency vet immediately:
- Difficulty breathing
- Vomiting/diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Chronic coughing
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Deep wounds/bleeding heavily
- Bleeding from the nose, ears, mouth, or rectum
- No eating or drinking for 24 hours or more
- Bloated abdomen that feels unusually hard
- Blood in stool, urine, or vomit
- Unable to walk or stand
- Fought or encountered a wild animal
- Got hit by a car or fell from a height
- Suspected broken bones
- Fever (ears and nose feel hot)
- Straining to urinate/defecate
- Ingested a known toxin
- Keeps head pressed against the wall
- Eye injuries
If for any reason you’re concerned about your pet’s well-being, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (336) 945-4412 and we’ll instruct you on what to do next.
- Wayne G.
The staff is very professional and understanding they present a very caring attitude toward the animal and their owner.